Wednesday, November 18, 2015

I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus!

Jingle Bells and Ho, Ho, Ho to you!  One of my favorite "silly" Christmas songs is I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus, my all time favorite rendition is by John Mellencamp.
According to the song, a child is peeking in on Mommy and believing that she was really kissing St. Nick.  So I made my card with a curtain pulled back to reveal the kiss.  :)
Card using I Saw Mama Kissing Santa Claus stamp set
Card using Mommy Kissing Santa Claus stamp set
Curtains drawn back to reveal the kiss.
Curtains drawn back to reveal the kiss.
Close up of Mama Kissing Santa Claus
Close up of Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
The background of brick was achieved by running my cardstock through my eBosser using my Tim Holtz Alterations brick embossing folder, and then I distressed it lightly with CTMH Slate ink, just to make the bricks pop a little.  I layered that on top of red and green dotted patterned paper and that was added on top of green Bazzill cardstock for the base.  I added a black rectangle with the top corners rounded to form the opening to the fireplace.  I colored the images with Copic and ShinHan alcohol markers and popped the image up with foam tape.  I added Glossy Accents to the berries in the mistletoe and "hung" it with some silver thread.  The final step was to pull back the curtains with brads and attach the curtains with Scor Tape.
Head on over the stamp and image shop at http://www.sunsationalstamps.com to get this (and hundreds more) great stamp sets.  Also, please head on over to my blog for more inspiration at www.papercanvascreations.wordpress.com.  We would love it if you would click the "Follow Me" button to follow the blog and Like us on Facebook so you don't miss a thing.
Happy Scrappin'

1 comment:

  1. Terrific card. I love the curtain effect and the fireplace!!!

    ReplyDelete